While continuously improving the performance of the add-on this week, I released an initial version of the add-on last week. It is not completely there yet and I insist that you install the update that I pushed this week and is still pending review.
There are a few known issues:
- If your computer is a little slow or have only 2 cores, then you will see high CPU usage. This is mainly caused by two function:
- Function for drawing the dots on the canvas. There is a fix coming which will cut this function’s CPU usage drastically.
- Network Producer. This has to be further investigated, but for the time being, if you disable the Network Producer, then your performance should increase a lot.
- There are a lot of buttons and panels in the UI. Its time that Timeline gets its own Interaction Mockup from the Firefox UX people. There is a bug open for it too.
In other news, I filed bug 777777 (yeah, I know it’s an awesome number) as the meta bug for the integration of Timeline add-on with Firefox. And yes it was not a coincidence :P.
Incremental report from with respect to the last report:
- Integration with Script Debugger, Style Editor and Inspector is complete.
- A new scroll bar on the canvas has been added to tell the user that there is content below too.
- The events that are being viewed in detail now get highlighted to be visually distinguished from others.
- Performance improvements have started showing results.
Next report should have a much sleeker and faster Timeline attached with it